A graduate of the Cebu Institute of Medicine (CIM) topped the August 2015 Physician Licensure Examinations. Andrew Chua Tiu scored 90.67 to get the highest score among 2,921 takers. The passing rate for the exam was 85.28 as 2,491 takes successfully achieved a passing mark.
Top 10 Placers of August 2015 Physician Licensure
- Andrew Chua Tiu (Cebu Institute of Medicine) – 90.67
- Jan Christian Gomez Feliciano (University of Santo Tomas) – 90.00
- Kristel Kang Tanhui (De La Salle University-Health Sciences Institute) – 89.75
- Antonio Lorenzo Rustia Quiambao (UE-RMMC) – 89.58
- George Michael Ngo Sosuan (University of Santo Tomas) – 89.25
- Ana Bianca Eloise Adriano Peralta (University of Santo Tomas) – 89.17
- Thomas Vincent Torres Vergara (University of Santo Tomas) -89.08
- Tristan Marvin Zapanta Uy (University of the Philippines- Manila) – 89.00
- Anne Margarette Reyes Abuluyan (FEU- Nicanor Reyes Medical Foundation) – 88.92
- Lester Bryan Ang Co (University of Santo Tomas) -88.83
Andrew Tiu is the only graduate from a Cebu-based medical school in the Top 10. The University of Santo Tomas has 5 graduates among the top 10 takers of August 2015 Physician Licensure Examinations led by Jan Christina Feliciano who placed 2nd with a mark of 90.00%.
The August 2015 Physician Licensure Examinations is the second consecutive Physician Board exam that was topped by a student from a Cebu Medical School. Dr. Venil Bolambao of Southwestern University was ranked No.1 in the February 2015 Physician Licensure Examinations.
Top Schools of the August 2015 Physician Licensure
Here are the schools who achieved 100% passing the examinations:
- University of the Philippines Manila 156 passers
- Cebu Institute of Medicine 127 passers
UP-Manila and CIM are the only schools to have the distinction of having a 100% passing rate among its takers.